අ. පො. ස. (සා.පෙළ) තොරතුරු හා සන්නිවේදන තාක්ෂණය

28 July 2015

What's your favorite Japan's food?


Hello all the beautiful people......................


What's your favorite Japan's food? 
Well mine is.... ahm. there are so many.... LOL

So, this post is about my favorite Japanese food from Japanese cuisine...

I am not going to rank them from most to least favorite, instead I am just making a list with a little description.

OK. Here it goes...

Miso Soup 


Miso soup  or Misoshiru in Japanese is a kind of a traditional Japanese soup. It is made out of Miso paste which basically consisted of salted soybeans, barley and rice. There are many variations among Miso paste, including seasonal and regional changes.

This is a very common soup you will find in many Japanese restaurants accompanied with the food. I tasted Miso soup at a restaurant in kawaguchi The first time I tried it was on my way to  kawaguchi from Narita.

I did not like the Soup at first. May be I was too tired from my over night 9 hrs flight. But later i found it to be a good appetizer. Most amazing thing is that in the first months of my pregnancy ( oh those exhausting, tiresome lovely days.... ;) ) I managed to live by having miso soup....

Oki... then if you are planning to buy Misoshiru you can try out the instant Miso Soup packets which are available almost any super market or combini.



Japanese Karaage


Karaage is a kind of Japanese fried chicken. It is a popular dish at Japanese homes or restaurants.
Karaage has this gingerly crispy  flavor with a hint of lime.

It’s also a popular lunch box (bento) menu item. Both me and my husband like it. Even my father liked it. :) For me it's perfect when hot with mayonnaise. 

Bellow is a recipe done by my friend Samantha Wijramali.

Korokke


The equivalent to Japanese Korokke is "Cutlet" in my country Sri Lanka.

Korokke is made by mixing cooked chopped meat, seafood, or vegetables with mashed potato rolling it in wheat flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs then deep frying this until brown on the outside . (extracted from web )

The shape of the korokke is like a flat patty where Sri Lankan cutlet is most of the time oval shape.

There are various types of flavors and price ranges.

Check this Printerest Board on Japan food..






Tempura


Battered and deep fried vegetable, mix of vegetables or seafood. The batter consist of wheat floor, eggs, baking powder, cold water and sometimes spices. The batter is light and the tempura is crispy fluffy and tasty. 



Yakisoba

Yakisoba is grilled noodles with a sweet caramelized flavour. You can find this tasty noodle in any combini.
( Seven eleven, Lawson, Family Mart)

 Most of the time I used to buy this at Yaoko marketplace food section. Yaoko marketplace was nearby my home and is very convenient.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

Colors @ Tokyo University

Sometimes back during in my stay in Japan I used to take Japanese lessons. I was so lucky I could study Japanese language at The Un...